TR3S was born with the aim to mobilise the innovation capacity and potential of regions towards smart growth. TR3S intends to boost smart policy processes in order to prepare regions to better face opportunities and challenges and become globally competitive by suggesting new promising recipes. The project mixes tradition with specialisation, innovation and creativity. TR3S brings together a good representation of the EU’s diverse innovation geography and multiple ways of addressing the innovation challenges and paradigms. TR3S proposes an innovative methodology to involve partners and stakeholders sharing a policy concern in a wide cooperation process. The main pillar is joint learning and action resulting from the exchange of experience and knowledge.
TR3S aims to:
- contribute to evidence-based policy making across Europe;
- facilitate intensive regional and inter-regional cooperation and partnership across Europe by creating a collaborative and coordinated knot with private and public stakeholders;
- understand different innovation ecosystems and move full regional innovation potential to create efficient and smart policy processes and policies for regional development that allow regions to create adequate conditions for growth and long term investment in R&D&I and mechanisms to invest in their own future;
- identify, exchange and transfer Good Practices on specific policy processes, specialisation experiences and strongholds by means of groundbreaking dynamics to mobilise innovation potential in spirit of smart growth and suggest implementation plans;
- identify new ingredients and try new recipes to strengthen regional growth and building competitive advantages through shared initiatives without boundaries, linking strong competences from different regions in solving global and grand challenges;
- suggest new recipes for smarter innovation making policy, increasing innovation capacity of regions by creating larger critical mass of R&D&I resources, larger home and global market for businesses and making complementary competencies meet in new types of collaboration;
- strengthen mutual learning that leads to business transformation finding improved ways to enhance innovation and setting the needs of regional company base in forefront of future smart growth; and invest in developing a culture of innovation in its overall conceptual design and organisation, with new and varied approaches.